A team that combines exceptional expertise with a drive to succeed
- Google’s head of Satellite data systems and operations
- Co-developer of Princeton Ocean Model
- NSF head of atmospheric science and world expert on hurricanes and cyclones
- Developer of the short-term flood prediction system for the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
- CEO of Zip2, Internet GIS pioneer
- SAP’s VP IOT and Cloud marketing
- Hydroscientist who completed NOAA‑led post‑Harvey Houston flooding assessment
- Nobel Prize winning expert in climate predictions (IPCC)
- PI of NSF project to containerize weather prediction
Leaders from U.S. agencies, including the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), the National Science Foundation (NSF), NASA, the CIA, the Department of the Treasury and the Department of State
Renowned advisors, including the Chief Climate Envoy of the United States, Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Treasury, Chief Data Officer of Goldman Sachs, President of The Hartford’s property and casualty companies, Head of Analytics for Google Search, developer of the Palantir data pipeline, and senior executives and domain experts at Bridgewater and Verisk Insurance Solutions
Board of Directors
Jupiter raised roughly $94 million in strategic and venture investing during its three years in the marketplace. Investments from leaders in the energy, infrastructure, insurance, asset management and NGO sector underscore the urgent need to regularly quantify and assess climate-related physical risk using forward-looking analytics. Moreover, investment from the U.S, EU, Asia and Australia highlight the global nature of our business and the rapidly growing worldwide demand for our portfolio of solutions.
Bringing diversity to prepare our planet for a changing climate
“We believe we are definitely stronger and more successful by including each person’s perspective and contribution.”
—Craig Simmons, Head of People
We seek new colleagues—data scientists, Earth and climate scientists, software engineers, sales and marketing, and more—who share our passion, commitment to excellence and innovation, and collaborative ethos.
Jupiter is committed to fostering, cultivating, and enhancing a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our colleagues, in every department, are the most valuable resources we have at Jupiter. Together, we can improve the world and make it safer for our generation and those to follow.
To learn more about Jupiter’s efforts, read our full statement here.