Last updated: October 18, 2022
We, Jupiter Intelligence, Inc, provide climate risk analytics for resilience and risk management. We generally do not have access to personal data, but instead our analytics use data such as land use data, elevation data, and data from satellite, air, and ocean-and land-borne sensors.
This privacy notice describes how and why we might collect, store, use and/or share (“process”) your information when you use our services (“Services”), such as when you visit our website at https://jupiterintel.com/ or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice (“Site” or “Sites”) or engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing or events. Our Site’s main function is to engage in advertising, marketing, promotion, industry outreach and educational efforts which are primarily in a business-to-business context versus direct to individual consumers.
Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with Jupiter’s policies and practices, please do not use our Services or Sites. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
- What information we collect
- How we process your information
- When and with whom we share your personal information
- How long we keep your information
- How we keep your information safe
- Information from minors
- Your privacy rights
- Controls for Do-Not-Track features
- Updates to this notice
- How you can contact us about this notice
- How you can review, update or delete the data we collect from you
1. What information we collect
Personal information you disclose to us
- Contact information, including email addresses and phone numbers
- Contact preferences
- Employment information, including job titles and employer company name
We do not process any sensitive personal information.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and Sites, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information collected from other sources
In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, and from other third parties. This information includes names, job titles, phone numbers, and email addresses.
2. How we process your information
- To send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information
- To request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services
- To send you marketing and promotional communications, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time. For more information, see “Your privacy rights” below
- To deliver targeted advertising to you, including personalized content and advertising tailored to your interests
- To evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing, and your experience
- To better understand how our Services are being used so we can improve them
- To better understand how to provide marketing and promotional campaigns that are most relevant to you
- To comply with our legal obligations, respond to legal requests, and exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights
3. When and with whom we share your personal information
Vendors, consultants, and other third-party service providers
We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents (“third parties”) who perform services for us on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Jupiter has contracts in place with our third parties, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. The categories of third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
- Cloud computing services
- Data analytics services
- Data storage service providers
- Performance monitoring tools
- Sales and marketing tools
- Social networks
- Website hosting service providers
We may also need to share your personal information in the following situations:
- Advertising networks and exchanges, to allow us to serve you advertisements. These third-party ad networks and exchange providers may use third-party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies to collect information about your visit to our site and elsewhere on the Internet. They may also collect your device identifier, IP address, or identifier for advertising (IDFA). The information that these third parties collect may be used to provide you with more relevant advertising on our Sites or elsewhere on the web. Third party cookies are covered by the third-parties’ privacy policies. For more information on third-party advertising-related cookies, interest-based advertising, and how to opt-out of that practice by companies participating in industry self-regulation, please visit the relevant website below based on your country of origin:
5. How long we keep your information
6. How we keep your information safe
7. Information from minors
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services and Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services and Sites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Your privacy rights
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe Jupiter is unlawfully processing your personal information, you have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/items/612080
If you are located in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html
Withdrawing your consent
Opting out of marketing and promotional communications
Cookies and similar technologies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features of our Services and Sites. To opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Sites visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Information for California residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine The Light” law), permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make a request, please submit your request in writing to us at email@example.com.
9. Controls for Do-Not-Track features
10. Updates to this notice
11. How you can contact us about this notice
12. How you can review, update or delete the data we collect from you
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.